Static IP options offered by Ting
We currently offer the following options for static IPv4 addresses:
1 IPv4 address: $19/mo
- Available to Business or Enterprise Customers
- Delivered via DHCP so no configuration needed (see below)
Specialized Static Blocks:
- This would be a a /29 block or larger
- Available to our Enterprise Gigabit customers only
- Larger blocks are available upon request, up to a /24
- Pricing to be determined with a discussion between customer and our business team
For more general info about static IP addresses and why you might want them, see here.
How to use your static IP(s)
Single Static IP
The only configuration setting you'll need to be mindful of is ensuring your device is setup to acquire an IP address through DHCP, which is the default for most routers. Our single statics are delivered to your equipment by our DHCP server, always giving you the same IP address. There is no need to specify the IP in static assignment, nor the gateway / subnet mask.
/29 Block (8 IPs, 6 usable)
For a block of static IPv4 addresses, there's a mix of automatic (DHCP) and manual assignment. Along with your static block, we'll set aside one extra static IP address which will be delivered to your equipment's WAN through DHCP. You should then:
- Manually assign one IP from your block of 6 addresses to the LAN side of your firewall/gateway device (while the WAN side of the same device has that extra IP from the DHCP server).
- Manually assign the remaining 5 usable IP addresses from your block to any of your devices that are connected to your firewall/gateway device. The IP address you assigned to the firewall/gateway device in the previous step becomes the gateway IP address for the rest of the devices using a static IP from the block.
What about IPv6?
Ting does not currently offer IPv6 addresses. This is the case for both regular IPs as well as static IPs. As of 2020, there are no immediate plans to enable IPv6 support.