This feature is limited release.
Ting Voice is only available to a select group of limited release participants. If you are not participating, this article does not apply!
Directory Listing Overview
Directory Listing information in Ting Voice is shared with local publishers to provide the listing to directory assistance, 411, and any other publisher that requests the listing for that area. Listing areas can be based on area code, first three digits of the phone number, or zip code. Ting has no control or influence over what is published.
Important items to note:
- Even if a number is selected to be published for Directory Listing the does not guarantee it will be. This is because some publishers are discontinuing publications and/or not requesting the information.
- Ting has no control, authority, or input to a published directory. Some publishers have begun eliminating their involvement in white page publications. Carriers are not privy to when each book is discontinued, only when they will begin eliminating books within a state.
- If the number doesn’t get published through this process and you would like it to be published, you'll need to contact the publisher directly. Sometimes, setting up an account with the publisher can help. Ting is not involved in this process.
- Use of the Directory Listing feature is optional and users can choose not to have their information published/shared.
Adding or updating a Directory Listing
If you'd like to add or update a Directory Listing in Ting Voice, contact Customer Support via email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-(844)-846-4994 (or dial 611 from your Ting phone).
When you contact us, we'll need to know which number(s) you'd like to be listed and what information you'd like to be listed for that number, including:
- First and last name
- Business name
- Business address
We'll also need to understand which of the below options you'd like for your Directory Listing:
- List in 411 and publish in phone book
- List in 411 and don't publish in phone book
- Don't list in 411 and don't publish in phone book