Payment options

Ting's billing is set up to automatically bill your credit card each month for the amount of service that you use. When you set up your Ting account, you'll be asked to add a credit card for these monthly re-occurring charges. 

Which credit cards are accepted for monthly billing and purchases?

We accept credit, debit, and some prepaid cards from most major companies as long as they have an American Express, Discover, Mastercard, or Visa logo.

Your billing address must match your credit card information and can be from the United States—including APO, FPO, and Puerto Rico—or Canada. 

What is the $1 charge I see on my card after adding it to my Ting account?

When you add a card to your Ting account, there is a $1 authorization that you may see immediately afterward. This is just an authorization hold from us checking to see if the card is valid, and it should disappear after 24-48 hours. 

If I use a Canadian card, in what currency will I be charged?

All cards will be charged in US Dollars.

What exchange rate will be used for Canadian cards?

If you do use a Canadian credit card, your bank will determine the exchange rate at the time your card is charged. Please note that if you are then refunded any portion of the charge, the exchange rate may be different (higher or lower).

How am I taxed if I use a Canadian card?

If you wish to use a Canadian credit card for billing, you must have a United States address on file as well, for taxation purposes, and to give you a phone number in your area. You will be asked for this address when adding your card during a purchase, activation, or number transfer.

Does using a Canadian credit card mean I can get service in Canada?

We only offer service in the United States. Using your Ting phone outside of the US will incur roaming charges.

Related to

Was this article helpful?

Have more questions? Submit a request