1. How long does it take for my installation to be scheduled after I sign up?
When you sign up we'll get in touch with you within 72 hours to let you know when to expect your installation to happen.
2. Do I need to do anything to prepare for my installation?
There's nothing specific that you need to do to prepare for a Ting Internet installation, but you do need to ensure that:
- An adult is at the home or business when we arrive.
- That adult will be on hand for the two to three hours that the install will take.
- The spot you'd want the equipment installed has two free power outlets (one for the modem, one for the router).
It's also a good idea to know all the passwords for the devices that you will want to have set up on the wireless network.
3. What are the installation hours?
Installations take place Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am - noon and 1 - 4pm.
4. What happens during an installation?
The short version:
- Our install team will bring the fiber cable to your home or business.
- We'll set up the modem, and connect it to the fiber optic cable.
- We'll test the connection to make sure everything is working.
- We'll then set up the router, and ensure your devices can connect to it.
For a more detailed description of the process, click here.
5. How long does an installation take?
The average installation takes two to three hours, but the install team will only be inside your residence or place of business for about an hour. Most of the work happens outside.
6. What hardware will you install?
We will install a small fiber modem (known as an ONT) paired with a Zyxel EMG3425 router. You can find the support guide for our router here.
7. Will I have a Wi-Fi network?
Yes, the equipment you purchase or rent from us has both Ethernet ports and Wi-Fi built in.
8. Should I buy or purchase your equipment?
Renting gives you more flexibility. Not just does it avoid a larger upfront cost, but you effectively have an ongoing warranty.
9. Can I use my own router?
While you certainly can, we highly recommend you use our router since we've assured it will work optimally with our crazy fast speeds, and we can support it if you reach out for assistance. If you use your own router, it would be your responsibility to diagnose issues related to it.
If you choose to go the BYOR route, check out these helpful articles:
Helpful information for deciding whether to use our hardware, or supplying your own