Ting offers several pieces of equipment including wireless routers, range extenders, and some TV-related hardware. Most can be either purchased or rented. The warranty terms for this equipment are provided below.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.
The ONT (Fiber Modem)
In the majority of homes and businesses, there are two pieces of equipment involved. One of them is the Optical Network Terminal or "ONT". It receives the fiber and converts it to Ethernet, for a wireless router to be connected.
The ONT is:
- provided at no additional cost
- not subject to warranty terms*
- equipment that remains Ting's property at all times
- expected to be left on site when moving out, for a new resident to utilize
- not to be painted over, tampered with, or opened by customers
* physical damage to the ONT by a customer (or someone in their employ, such as a contractor) may result in a service fee for Ting staff to replace it
Connected to the ONT could be a wireless router purchased from Ting, as well as our range extender and some hardware for TV streaming (devices used to watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, etc)
The following are our warranty periods:
(Access Point / Extender)
|Apple TV 4K
(TV Solutions device)
|12 months||Can be serviced at an authorized Apple Repair Center|
|Fire TV Stick 4K
(TV Solutions device)
(ONT+router all in one)
|None||This equipment (deployed only in Charlottesville, VA) has not been offered since 2016 so if utilizing an 844G left on site from a previous tenant, it is provided "as-is" and is considered out of warranty.|
Renting equipment from Ting provides an ongoing warranty for as long as you are paying the rental fee. If you like the peace of mind knowing that Ting's staff will continue to service (and potentially replace) the equipment without worrying about a warranty period, then feel free to stick with the rental option.
- Ting does not offer a rent-to-own option
- If you choose to rent our router, it is an ongoing rental fee even if you exceed the purchase price
- Sometimes you're not certain if the equipment will suit your needs and you don't want to commit to purchasing it from the start. We understand, so Ting will grant 90 days from activation to decide if rented equipment is sufficient for your needs, at which point you can choose to purchase it. In this case, Ting will charge the purchase price minus rental fees paid to date. The warranty starts from when you initially activated service, effectively treating it like it was purchased from the start
- If more than 90 days pass, you can still choose to purchase it. However, it will be at the full purchase price with a warranty beginning the date of the purchase
If you or anyone you know/employ (such as a friend, family member, or contractor) damage Ting equipment, the warranty may be considered void.
The following may void the warranty:
- Physical damage
- Liquid damage
- Pet damage
Please note this is not an exhaustive list, and is at the discretion of Ting staff.