Visual voicemail is a system that allows users to view and listen to their messages without calling their voicemail box and offers a visual interface to view and navigate through the messages. While we do not provide a Ting-specific visual voicemail app, we can support visual voicemail on some phones with the pre-loaded software.
Note: Visual voicemail requires cellular data to function.
Visual voicemail is built into the operating system to work with our networks for most newer factory unlocked phones.
We suggest YouMail as a quality alternative for phones that do not have a built-in visual voicemail system and are free with some added features available in their paid monthly plans.
Setting up visual voicemail
You can generally activate visual voicemail by tapping the included voicemail app and following the prompts after completing your initial voicemail setup.
Set up iPhone visual voicemail through the voicemail tab in the phone app.
Tips for visual voicemail troubleshooting
If you're having trouble activating visual voicemail or not receiving notifications, here are some helpful troubleshooting tips.
- Confirm data is connecting on the device.
- Call your normal voicemail to make sure it's working.
- Ensure you've turned off call forwarding since that would block voicemail from functioning.
- Check for software updates and make sure your operating system is up to date.
- If you've exhausted all other options, we can look at resetting the phone to factory defaults to reinstall the OS. Before going to that option, reach out to support for help, as we view that as a last resort.