Last updated by Ray Pineau
If you're trying to port your number to Ting, the most frustrating part can be trying to sort out what information your current wireless or mobile carrier requires to release your number. While it can seem like a complete mystery, there is a method to the madness.
Just in case you have not yet verified, here is a link to our compatibility checker to ensure that your phone is able to come to Ting. For information on how to submit a port once you have the required information check out our porting guide. You can also check if your number is eligible to port to Ting using our pre-validation tool.
This article will be constantly evolving and while we can't guarantee that it'll always be perfectly up to date, we'll try to keep it current. Please contribute in the comments section of this article if you've ported a number within the past three months and you can add to or correct the information we have. We're especially interested in what it takes to port away from prepaid carriers as those tend to be the trickiest.
Throughout this article, we'll use the word "you" and "your." In this context, "you" = the account holder.
- Account number - You will need to call 1-877-595-2229
- PIN number - You will need to call to set up your PIN if you do not have one. It must be set up 24 hours before beginning your port
For a full rundown on Cincinnati Bell/i-Wireless porting, check out Karl's fantastic post on how to make sure your port is successful
- You can usually find your account number in the upper right hand corner of any bill or invoice
- PIN number - Your PIN would have been given to you by Comcast and is usually pre-selected. You can reset your PIN through your online account, you won't be able to find your PIN on any bill or invoice
- Account number - Can be found online or by calling Consumer Cellular 1-888-345-5509
- PIN number - Last 4 digits of account holder's SSN
- Alternative PIN: 0000
- Porting center number: 888-750-5519
Important: If the response on the port request from Consumer Cellular indicates that "the customer information doesn't match," call them directly for a manual response, as they do not use PIN numbers and that stops the port from being confirmed automatically.
- Account number- Referred to as member number. Text ACCOUNT to 27336 to get your Account Number
- PIN number - 0000
- Account number - can be found online or by calling the Cricket Porting Department at 1-866-351-7678 (then option #2)
- PIN number - 4 digit Authorization ID (or "AID") that you set up when you set up your online account and it is the PIN that you need to enter when making changes to your account online
- Account number - You will need to call customer service at 1-800-643-4926 and ask them to release your mobile number for porting and tell you your account # and PIN. They will ask you to provide the 3 most recent outgoing calls to verify it's your account.
- PIN number - Instructions above
- Account number - You can get your Account number by going to My Account > Account Settings at www.freedompop.com
- PIN number - If the PIN number is not visible, you would need to speak with a customer service representative to get it. To contact FreedomPop, you will need to log into your FreedomPop account here
FreedomPop has an online help page to guide you through porting out your number.
- Account number - your 10 digit phone number
- PIN number - 4 digit PIN (the same PIN used when calling customer service). If you don't have a PIN you can set one up by calling 611 for your GoSmart phone and saying "no" when it asks you if you want to refill and then choosing "Manage my account" followed by "change my account PIN"
Important: Be sure the zip code on the request matches what's on you GoSmart accountBack to Top
Google Project Fi
Google Fi has an online help page to guide you through porting out your number
The folks over at Google Voice have made it easy by providing a handy guide to porting out.
- Account number - 10 digit MDN
- PIN number - The pin used to access Google Voice voicemail from another phone
Important: Google Voice numbers are treated like landlines when you port them and take 5-7 days to complete.
- Account number - You need to call customer service a 1-800-643-4926 and ask them to release your number for porting and provide you with your account # and PIN
- PIN number - Instructions above. They will ask you to provide the 3 most recent outgoing calls to verify that it's your number
- Account number - 10 digit phone number
- PIN number - 4-8 digit PIN your set up when activating. If you don't know it you will need to call 1-888-880-4497
- Account number - 10 digit phone number without dashes and a "1" added to the beginning
- PIN number - 0000
Important: Once your number has been ported out Line 2 will assign a new number to your account. If you no longer wish to have service with Line 2 then you'll need to cancel that new number or billing will continue. For directions on how to cancel your Line 2 service after you've ported your number out, click here.
- Account number - 11 digits, you will need to call Customer Service at 1-866-277-3221
- PIN number - This is your 4 digit CIP number, Lyca usually sends this number via text when you first register for your account on their website. If you don't know it you will need to contact Customer Service at 1-866-277-3221
- Account number - Found online in your Magic Jack account or by calling customer service at 1-844-866-2442
- PIN number - Log into your online account, go to the manage log-in account tab, change the pin to a 6 digit number
Important: Magic Jack customer service will advise that you can use the online account log-in password but Ting can only accept a numerical pin, so please make sure to change it in your accountBack to Top
- Account number - 9-digit account number. Go to MetroPCS.com > Login into your account > click on Payments > select any month and also available in the bill reminder text messages sent by Metro PCS
- PIN number - Call-in pass code (generally 8-digit birth-date unless you've changed it)
- Account number - Can be found on the left side of your online dashboard
- PIN number - last 4 digits of the phone number unless you've changed it
- Account number - your 10-digit phone number is your account number
- Account PIN - found in your online account portal in the account settings section
Check out the how to transfer your number from Republic Wireless help guide for full steps
- Account number - IMEI or MEID
- PIN number - 0000
Sprint / Sprint Prepaid
- Account number - a 9 digit number which can be found at the top center of your bill and on your online account page
- PIN number - Call-in passcode when you call customer service. You can set up or change your PIN on your online account. If you do not have access to your online account, you can call Sprint at 1-888-211-4727
- Account number - MEID or IMEI of the phone or if you are using a BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) SIM card, it will be the last 15 digits of your SIM card number
- PIN number - Can be found on your online Straight Talk "My Account" page by clicking Update Personal Profile where it's listed as Current Security PIN. IF that field is blank, be sure to set up a passcode PIN before porting
- Account number - MEID or IMEI of the phone or if you are using a BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) SIM card it will be the last 15 digits of your SIM card number
- PIN number - Can be found on your online Telcel America "My Account" page by clicking Update Personal Profile where it's listed as Current Security PIN. If that field is blank, be sure to set up a passcode PIN before porting
- Account number - If you do not know your account number you will need to contact Tello customer service at 1-866-377-0294
- PIN number - Tello does require a port out PIN. Please use 0000 as a placeholder
- Account number - 9 digit number. Can be found in the upper right-hand corner of any bill or in your online account
- PIN number - You will need to contact T-Mobile at 1-877-453-1304
- Account number - your 10-digit phone number with 1 in front is your account number
- PIN number - 4 digit PIN used when calling customer service
Important: If you don't have a PIN, you can set one up by calling 611 from your T-Mobile device and say "no" to refill, choose "change my account PIN", then set your 4 digit PIN. IF you forgot your PIN number or need other porting help you can reach out to them at 877-778-2106
TracFone / Net10
- Account number - MEID or IMEI of the phone or if you are using a BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) SIM card, it will be the last 15 digits of your SIM card
- PIN number - 0000 or 1111
- In rare cases, ports may fail with a zip code error even when zip is correct. Use the head office zip, 33178
- Account number - You will need to call 1-88-848-1788 or email help @usmobile.com and ask for your account number
- PIN number - 1234
- Account number - Can be found on bill or online account (Verizon>Account >Account Overview-account number listed at top), it ends in -00001 but should be entered without the dash
- PIN number - 4 digit number. If you don't know your account PIN you can reset it on your online Verizon account or you'll need to reset it by calling Verizon Customer Support at 1-800-922-0204
- Account number - Alphanumeric usually starts with an A
- PIN number - 4-digit password that you use to access your account from your phone
- Account number - 9 digit number, if you don't know it you will need to contact Virgin Mobile at 1-888-322-1122
- PIN number - Usually the customer's birthday in 6 digit format (2 digit month/2 digit day/2 digit year, example 011065 would represent January 10th 1965), unless you've changed it
- Account number - Can be found in the upper right-hand corner of any bill or it is on your online account
- PIN number - The required PIN is the same one that is used to verify your account with Vonage. If you don't have one, you'll need to contact Vonage at 1-866-243-4357
Walmart Family Mobile
- Account number - Dial #225#<SEND> to view account number
- PIN number - You need to contact Walmart Family Mobile by dialing 611 from your mobile phone or call 1-877-440-9758