Customize the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) and password on your Ting router to something a little more you.
These instructions only apply to routers purchased or rented from Ting.
If you're using your own router, please see the manufacturer's instructions for how to make configuration changes.
eero Pro 6E
The network name and password are chosen while setting up the router. To change the name and password, we will need a mobile device and the eero app.
- Open the eero app on your mobile device.
- Select the menu icon at the top left corner.
- Select Network Settings
- From here, you can select Network Name and Network Password to change them.
1. Connect to your Ting Router
- First, get your device--phone, laptop, or something else--talking to the router. The easiest way to do this is to plug an Ethernet cable from a computer into one of the LAN ports on the back of the router. If you don't have Ethernet available, you can connect by Wi-Fi.
- To connect by Wi-Fi, look at the sticker on the back of the router. The default network is listed on the right side as SSID and should start with the word ZyXEL. The password is at the bottom of the sticker after (WPA-PSK):. You should see a network with this same name on your device. Use the password to connect your device to that network name.
- If you don't see this ZyXEL network listed as available on your device, check the front of the router to see if the 2.4G and 5G indicators are lit. If they're not lit up, locate the Wi-Fi on/off button on the back of the router (near the bottom right corner) and press it once. Give it a moment, and then check for the lights again.
- If the 2.4G and 5G lights are on, but you don't see the network on your device:
- hold down the reset button on the back of the router for 10 seconds
- find the reset button near where the power cord connects with the unit
- hold it down with a bent paper clip or the tip of a pencil
- after 10 seconds, release it and wait for the power light on the front to stop flashing
- once the light is steady, check for the ZyXEL network name on your device again
2. Set up your Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) and password on your ZyXel EMG6726-B10A*
*Set up your Ting Router Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) and password with the ZyXel EMG3425-Q10A configuration guide
- Connect to the Zyxel's default Wi-Fi network name (SSID) using the printed Wi-Fi password printed on the side of the router.
- Login to the router's configuration interface by typing in 192.168.1.1 in your browser address bar
- When prompted for the Username and Password, enter them as shown on the sticker on the back of the router
- On the bottom bar, mouseover the Network Setting icon to expand the menu and then click Wireless
- On the Wi-Fi tab, where your existing Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) and password are listed, click Edit
- Click Save
After a few minutes, you should see the new Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) appear on your Wi-Fi devices.
If you were connected to the old Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) when making these changes, you'll have to reconnect to the new name. Remember to enter the new Wi-Fi password if you change it.